Full course description
The Advanced Grazing Systems Course aims to provide producers and extension specialists across Canada with an introductory understanding of the concepts of rotational grazing to develop a plan that will be relevant in their area and for the operation in question. This course was developed with the help of forage and grazing experts across Canada.
So far, you will have been introduced to the goals, key concepts, mapping, and extending the grazing season the Advanced Grazing System. The modules you may have already completed in this course are:
1. Advanced Grazing Systems Goals
2. Advanced Grazing Systems Concepts
3. Mapping an Advanced Grazing System
4. Extending an Advanced Grazing System
Once you have completed the Introduction to Advanced Grazing Systems and Mapping modules, the next step is to learn how to monitor and track the progress of the pastures.
5. Monitoring and tracking an Advanced Grazing System - learn how to monitor and track the system to inform decision-making.
After the completion of Extending an Advanced Grazing System, you are welcome to progress through the last module:
6. Budgeting for an advanced grazing system
This course will have various materials to review at your own pace and the ability to connect with others. Some of the resources and learning activities include
- a grazing plan template
- a course handbook
- discussion boards
- quizzes to test your knowledge
- options to connect with a mentor