Full course description
The Advanced Grazing Systems Course aims to provide producers and extension specialists across Canada with an introductory understanding of the concepts of rotational grazing to develop a plan that will be relevant in their area and for their operation. This course was developed with the help of forage and grazing experts across Canada.
So far, you will have been introduced to the key concepts of an advanced grazing system. The modules you should complete before learning how to map an Advanced Grazing System are
1. Advanced Grazing Systems Goals
2. Advanced Grazing Systems Concepts
Once you have completed the Introduction to Advanced Grazing Systems modules, the next step is to learn how to map out an advanced grazing system.
3. Mapping an Advanced Grazing System - in this session you will learn how to map out a grazing system for your area and operation. Details on fencing, animal movement and water systems will connect the concepts learned in modules 1 and 2 to the practical implications on farm.
After planning your advanced grazing system, you are welcome to progress through the other modules, including:
4. Extending an Advanced Grazing System
5. Monitoring and tracking an Advanced Grazing System
6. Budgeting for an Advanced Grazing System
This course will have various materials to review at your own pace and the ability to connect with others. Some of the resources and learning activities include
- a grazing plan template
- a course handbook
- discussion boards
- quizzes to test your knowledge
- options to connect with a mentor